Thursday 13 October 2016

The Agony Of A Bariga Boy





My name is  Lagbaja the Son of Tamedu, I be Omo Ogun, 26 -Years-Old of Age and I would like to share part of my story with you all.

I was born in the city of Bariga where you only have to hustle to make a living, life for me as Bariga born then was so sweet because my father was one of the contented men in the area, we were so comfortable that he asked my mum to stop work and become a permanent housewife.

At age 6, it all changed, suddenly my dad started going through what most of us are facing now, lost his job and couldn't afford to live some standards anymore. I was transferred from a private school to a public school which led to delays in my academic life, with all these I never lose my focus in life of who or what I want to become. 

I was the best student of my school from Primary 6; also I was awarded by western union Nigeria to public schools for being the best student of my secondary school.

Suddenly it all changed again, before secondary school graduation my mum had a fire accident in her workshop because as at the time my dad lost his job, she had saved for the dry season and already prepared for the unforeseen by going back to her craft.

 She was burnt by the fake kerosene sold to her while using to work. It  disorganized, disfigured her and she even spent most of her savings on treating herself to become better, my mum was very hopeful that one day she would be fine and would be able to take care of her children I remember she usually says ‘ Don’t worry much I would overcome this’.

With all these behind me, I was able to struggle, do some sort of jobs to make my ends meet, I remember MI’s Song a particular verse that say “Mommy don’t cry, Imma make sure you say we no die, Imma go hussle and we go try, Hunger hook man for neck, shey na bowtie, Whatever it takes, me I no shy, If na heaven food dey, make we go sky, E better now make I sit down, make I no try, I go even buy ticket make we both fly, Mama, if it means say, make I turn slave, kuta kente, Anything just to make clean pay, you never see food chop since Wednesday, Make I wash car, sell gala, shine shoe, Shey na work, anything I no mind do, I go do better work, even times two, Cos it’s not easy, it’s not easy, it’s not easy”.

In 2013, I lost my mum to this struggle of life; she died hopeless and couldn’t fulfill what she has in plan for her children.

Life doesn’t turn out the way you plan it…it’s a cycle where you find yourself you just have to flow with it…

Watch out for Part 2.....................




No comments:

Post a Comment